BlackOut Box

Sunday, September 11, 2005

My Comfy Couch is the site of much activity these days. Eating, watching the US Open and readings are all done here. Just out of sight, in the foreground, is my pile of books. The textbooks here are unbelievably expensive. Half of my courses require books that total S$120 or more! Anyway, really happy that I chose Law & Film. The prof. loves violence on film. Just my cup of tea.


Whipping up a storm these days. My kitchen is pretty well stocked. Just hate the cleaning up.


My living room / dining room all rolled in one. Met the other Singaporeans studying in UofT just the other night. Very nice people indeed. I guess being the minority does jolt you out of your comfort zone a little bit. Back home, I could pretty much do anything I wanted. But over here, you do feel a wee bit apprehensive at times. Another thing that comes naturally is that Twangy English whenever we speak to a local. But the moment we meet a Singaporean, Singlish returns just as naturally. Used to it by now.


What looks like a sumptous feast is more than meets the eye. Pretty proud of my first steamed sole fish. Until I tasted it that is. Macham Giam He - salted fish. Oh well, trial and error exists for a reason.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home