BlackOut Box

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Forbidden City, Beijing 2005
Those Legendary steps, carved in stone. 9 Dragons chasing Pearls. Home of the Dragon Prince(s).

Crammed with about a million others at the mouth of the Singapore River, Esplanade to watch the fireworks today. So I parked at Marina Square @ about 1830. Now it doesn't matter how many times you park at the Marina Carpark, you ALWAYS get lost. I mean, the fucking landscape down there changes faster than the Saharan dunes i swear. Anyhow, managed to use my compass and rusty topo skills to get outta there. Then my Babe saw Carls Jr and went - we are getting some of that! Was almost frightened by the size of the burgers there. Ordered a "shit i cant remember" combo for $9.40. Changed the fries to chill, cheese ones. Woohoo.

Managed to squeeze my way to the front of the river along the Esplanade. Passed DXO. Venue of the upcoming law bash. The place is bullocks. Went there once when it was still "shit i cant remember" and nearly left before 12. Thats how bad. Had to tip toe my way through the families having a picnic along the steps of the river. Overheard an auntie say "wah piang Si Tiang jay kau ji zun, buay tahan ah." Bit into my Carls Jr, managed to flick an Onion onto an auntie and she left in a huff. Ooops. Managed to drop a fry into my Babe's pretty, new, pink, handbag. Omg! I'm gonna get spanked.

Then it Began. People started screaming and i managed 2 vid clips of the starbursts overhead. Nice. Nice. Poor Men in Green, scuttling all over the place, chaperoning kids and what not. Haha, reminds me of those days holding the flag, all prepared to get 21 extra or worse if I fuck up. Phew. You know what, the wierdest thing, the first thing i saw when i got out from Marina Square and tried to cross to over to Esplanade side - MIWs marching pass, flags fluttering in the wind, Blinding lightning bolts streaking across the sky! and the scenary never seemed so white before! I swear this is the scene where Charlton Heston's Moses voice cuts in. A sign perhaps?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home