BlackOut Box

Monday, October 17, 2005

I've been too lazy about writing on my blog recently. In fact, I havent been doing much writing in class as well. Starting to worry that I am inevitably losing my touch. Besides, the editor of the Annual has given me my first assignment for the year. I'm in no shape to deliver anything of promise right now, much less an article worthy of the faculty's fickle attention.

Interestingly, I'm watching even more cantonese and mandarin movies than I ever did back home. I know that watching the Young and Dangerous series is more than a bit passe but I never did watch these movies back when I was in secondary school. Being able to converse in cantonese is more important that I once thought, especially when working overseas. My rudimentary cantonese hardly carries me past ordering in chinese restaurants here. I take 5-10 seconds to process any reply - and it usually involves staring at the ceiling, eyes rolled in serious thought.

My ex-landlord has pushed all the wrong buttons. We will see what the housing tribunal has to say. No point in not applying what you've worked your ass off studying right?

All I can think about right now is next week's trip to Ottawa and Kingston. Will be staying at Kenneth's and Micheal's place - courtesy of Dogbert and Seamonkey's thoughtful planning. Hopefully we can have one of those all boys nights. Safe driving and safe trip please.

The lack of late night Hokkien Mee, Jalan Kayu Prata, Katong Laksa and Beach Road prawn mee is really driving me nuts. Maybe thats why I have been experiencing those nightmares recently.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home