BlackOut Box

Sunday, November 20, 2005

First Snow! Start of a long period of artic cold.
For some reason, Dawn Yeo seems to the most searched person on Yahoo Singapore.
For sake of curiosity, I followed the chase as well.
I dun see what the furore is about.
Who cares if she has had plastic surgery?
So what if she & her friends are rich?
Why are Singaporeans so Kaypoh?
I have a cynical feeling that all this publicity is in fact engineered.
I mean, if I were her artiste management representative, I would advice her to milk the controversy for what its worth as well.
In fact, by refusing to give a straight answer, it creates a certain mystique and otherwise unwarranted interest in her. Too bad she's in the US and won't be around to sign endorsement and advertisement contracts.
At this stage of her career, any publicity is good publicity.
If these people online are really so disinterested and revolted by her as they so claim, then why play into her hands by giving her what she wants.
My theory is that these all these critics are secretly infatuated with her probably having fantasies of her.
Of course, they won't admit to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home